The 2 story Double Decker gives them plenty of space to share and a built in playground -- purr-fect!
Raised 16" off the ground, you can put food and water below, or leave it open to provide a shady spot. Gentle peak on upper roof will appeal to those cats who like to flop over things and take
a snooze or survey their domain.
Excellent craftsmanship combined with thoughtful design and durable materials - you and your cats will love it!
Two sizes accommodate up to 4 adult cats, 2 per house
Why choose cedar?
Features of our 2 Story Double Decker Cat House
Each house exterior at roof: 24" L x 23" W x 19" H
Each house interior: 19" L x 18" W
Doorway, 7" wide by 9" high, allows cats to come and go, but keeps larger animals out
Lower house is 16" off the ground with a 22" x 9" front porch
Upper house is 36" off the ground with a 22" x 9" front porch
Overall height: 46"
Heated version comes with two 9" x 12" heating pads
Designed to accommodate two averaged size cats per house.
- Small enough to allow your cat's body heat to warm the interior, optional heater makes it even warmer!
- Optional 9" x 12" 25 watt heating pad is weather proof, durable and easy to clean. Thermostatically controlled. 5' 6" electric
cord has an 18" steel chew guard for your pet's safety.
- Add the optional vinyl door flap to keep the wind, rain and snow at bay (comes pre-installed).
- Add the optional back door for a quick escape and better ventilation. Adds a 2nd exit while increasing the safety of your cat. The door measures
7" x 9"
- Insulation package (standard on all houses): Thermal-Ply insulation is installed on the floor, walls and ceiling. Insulation not only keeps
your pet warm in the winter, but also gives them a cool place to relax during the heat of the summer. Thermal-Ply is a non-toxic hard foam which is used in housing construction. It is very durable
and is a moisture barrier. The R rating is 1.5 - more than enough for these small houses!
- Easy to clean, just remove 4 screws and the roof comes off
- Individually hand crafted using only the best materials and excellent workmanship. Nothing beats cedar for outdoor use - it is both attractive
- Unfinished cedar will provide many years of service outdoors - no finish is required.
- Cedar is an excellent thermal insulator - that means that even on the hottest days, it is cool to touch, and on cold days it feels warmer.
- Our cedar is natural and untreated (why is this important?)
- Cedar absorbs and loses moisture slowly, which minimizes the dry cracking, splintering and swelling more characteristic of oak or pine.
- Cedar has the US Forest Products Laboratory's highest rating for decay and disease resistance.
- Fresh cedar odor is a mild insect repellent.
- Environmentally conscious 'green' manufacturing processes:
- Locally sourced materials reduces carbon footprint from transportation.
- Sustainably harvested wood from responsibly managed local woodlots
- Wood biodegrades - At the end of its long and useful life, cedar furniture wont occupy any landfill space. Wood breaks down very
quickly in landfills, less than 25 years. Plastics can take up to a millennium to decompose.
- Built to last!
- All wood construction allows the house to breathe.
- Assembly required. It should take about 30 to 40 minutes to assemble with common household tools - easy instructions included!
- Ships directly from the manufacturer in Canada via FedEx Ground.
- Satisfaction guaranteed.
- Cat Houses ship FREE to the Lower 48 and Canada!
Careful consideration needs to be given as to where your pet would most like his or her new house. Here are some questions you can ask yourself
and some ideas to think about:
- Is there a particular spot where your cat likes to sleep?
- Which door do you most often use to let your pet in and out?
- When waiting for you to come home, what door does your kitty like to wait beside?
- Is there a space your kitty would like to wait for you, but can't because of inclement weather?
- Does your kitty seek high places to sleep, even when there appears to be a more comfortable place somewhere else? Does your kitty seek high
places to sleep, even when there appears to be a more comfortable place somewhere else? This elevated cat house provides an elegant solution!
- Maybe your cat would like to have his or her house in a place where you can be seen during most of the day.
- Though they are designed to withstand the elements, our outdoor cat shelters are always best placed under an awning or overhang, or in a similarly
Optional 9" x12" heater keeps your kitty nice and toasty through the winter!
Two heating pads, one for each house. Weather proof, and can be used outdoors or inside. Easy to clean, thermostatically controlled, and only uses 25 watts of power - your cats will thank you!
The back door adds a 2nd exit to our outdoor cat house and increases the safety of your cat. Feral cats especially appreciate a second door so they can't get cornered by a predator or other animal
Add the clear vinyl door flap to keep the wind and and elements out. The door measures 7" wide, by 9" high.
You might also like our other Cedar Outdoor Cat Houses:
Outdoor Cat Shelter, elevated off the ground, sheltered front porch, room below for food dish, 2 sizes
Cedar Outdoor Cat House, elevated off the ground, upper flat lounging deck, covered front porch, 2 sizes, room for food dish below, insulated, optional heater
Cedar Outdoor Cat Shelter, 2 sizes, insulated, optional heater - our most economical cat shelter
Extra Large Cat Shelter, room for a small feral colony, up to 4 adult cats, natural wood, insulated